At a project review meeting have you ever been asked:
"Are you sure this will work?"
"Are all these changes necessary?"
"Can we avoid spending this money"
The best way to be sure that what you are proposing is correct is to simulate the process.
Simulation will answer questions like:
- Will this change to our process result in higher yields/quality/revenues?
- How many people are required to maintain service at a specified level?
- Will a newly designed process give the anticipated productivity levels?
- What changes must be made to a system to reduce lead-time to 25% of current performance levels?
- Is all this capital spending definitely necessary?
Static models like spreadsheets, flowcharts and CAD Drawings do not take time-based effects into account. These can have a critical impact on any decisions made.